Snow Lights Spinner by Fran Seiford
- Fold 4-1/4” X 11” panel of Atlantic Shore cardstock in half to form the card exterior.
- On a second 4-1/4” X 11” panel of Atlantic Shore cardstock score at 3-1/2” from each end. This will be the inner panel of the card.
- On the inner panel, find the center and mark it. Die cut a scalloped circle from the exact center of the panel.
- Score the edges of the inner panel from the scalloped circle to the edge.
- Use the Intricate Snow stamp set with VersaMark Ink and Detail White Embossing Powder to cover the inner and outer panels with a random snowflake design. Heat the powder to set.
- Stamp the Snow Lights snowman and three presents in black on white cardstock. Color as desired. Fussy cut the images, cutting two sheets at once when cutting the snowman.
- Stamp the Snow Lights Snowman on the Mirror Stamping Plate, then flip the plate to stamp him on the second, white cardstock snowman shape that you cut out in Step 6. Color as desired. We colored ours differently than the other one.
- Cut a 5” length of silver cord. Separate the strands of the silver cord until you have one strand.
- Lay the cord along the vertical axis of the snowman and secure in place with some tape. Glue the two snowmen back to back.
- Fold the inner card panel so that the folds on the ends are valleys with a mountain fold in the center.
- Secure the cord tautly at the top and bottom of the back side of the scalloped opening. Use glue dots at the folds and lay the cord across the glue dots multiple times to secure. Glue a small strip of matching cardstock over the secured cord at top and bottom.
- Glue the inner card panel to the outer card panel by adhering the entire end panels of the inner panel to the outer one.
- Glue the presents on the inside front of the card.
- Die cut a circle for the greeting from white cardstock, stamp in turquoise ink, and trim it to match right edge of card.
- Emboss greeting for the front in white detail powder on black cardstock, and trim. Attach to front of card.
- To activate, wind up the snowman inside the card before putting in the envelope so it will spin when opened.
Also uses these supplies:
DP100 Detail White Embossing Powder
Atlantic Shore Cardstock by My Colors®
Black Cardstock by My Colors®
Colored Pencils by Prismacolor
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesive®
Die Cutting Machine like Sizzix Big Shot
Embossing Heat Tool
Bahama Blue Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project