Surprise Witch Pumpkin Spooks Door Hanger by Deb Antonick
- Seal all the wood pieces with a coat of Gesso.
- Paint with a brush mix of Orange Flame and Tangerine so both colors show.
- Seal with a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Load the brayer Lamp Black and roll onto the stamp, then stamp the orange ornaments.
- Cut circles to fit from old dictionary paper.
- Adhere to the ornaments with DecoArt Matte Medium.
- Paint over each paper circle with a watered down coat of Gesso. Let dry.
- Apply a coat of the Matte Medium over the entire ornament to seal. Let dry.
- Stamp the images with StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad or Ranger Archival Black Ink Pad.
*these are the only the only 2 inks that I have found that will not smear with the DecoArt Matte Medium. If you have other ink pads, please test first.
- Shade/tint around the outer edges of the ornaments and the circles with Lamp Black.
- Start painting the images with the DecoArt Fluid Acrylics.
I always paint the images first with the Fluid acrylic watered down, for example: paint the circles with watered down Hansa Yellow Medium, then deepen the color around the stamped image with the color full strength.
- After you have all the first color layers complete and dry, apply a coat of the DecoArt Matte Medium to seal. This will allow you to continue your layers and remove any mistakes quickly with a Baby Wipe without messing with the first layers.
- Continue to build up your color layers and adding tints of other colors for added interest to your images. By sealing between your favorite layers with Matte Medium, you can continue to play and create without worry.
Use the photos and the color selection listed as a guide.
- Use the Faboolous stamp set for words and embellishments. Ink the edges, then adhere the words with the DecoArt Matte Medium.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- 6"X 6"Square Handle 7.99
- Cling Pumpkin Spooks 6"X 6"Rubber Stamp 14.99
- Faboolous Perfectly Clear Stamps 14.99
- Surprise Witch Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Pumpkin Scream Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Toad Twosome Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Cat Attack Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
Also uses these supplies:
4 x Rounded Arch Ornament #31-L303 www.cdwood.com
*StazOn Fast Drying Solvent Ink – Jet Black
Old dictionary pages
Paint Brushes: Available from www.thebrushguys.com
Dynasty IPC 1 Small Point Blender
Dynasty IPC 5 Medium Soft Flat Mop
Dynasty Eye of the Tiger series 610 #12 Flat shader
Dynasty Eye of the Tiger series 620 #3/8 Angular shader
Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
DecoArt Media Gesso
DecoArt Acrylics – Lamp Black, Orange Flame, Tangerine
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Hansa Yellow Medium, Diarylide Yellow, Cadmium Orange Hue, Paynes Grey, Sap Green, Green Gold, Dioxazine Purple, Titanium White,
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project