Sunflowers Plaque by Deb Antonick
• Seal the jar and the tag with Gesso. Let dry, sand lightly.
• Basecoat with Warm White.
• Basecoat the jar lid with Lamp Black.
• Stencil the jar with Lamp Black.
• Rub the black inkpad lightly around the edges to create a distressed look.
Stamp the image using the stazOn or Ranger Archival Black ink pad.
Note: recommended when using Matte Medium as the ink will not smear.
E-WORKSHEET ONLY! Not for Resale. Copyright © 2021 Deb Antonick Designs, www.paintingwithdeb.ca Stamp set is copyright Stampendous stamps. All Rights Reserved.
Photocopying or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited. May be painted for fun or profit. No mass producing.All Rights Reserved.
Photocopying or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited. May be painted for fun or profit. No mass producing.
• First stamp one sunflowers top onto a sticky note then cut out along the bottom. (This will be
used as a mask when stamping.)
• The sunflowers will overlap the jar vase slightly, so use the mask when stamping.
• Stamp the jar vase next, using the sunflowers top mask so the bottom appears under the
• Use the Micron Pen to darken any imperfect stamp lines.
• Seal the entire surface now with DecoArt Matte Medium.
*Apply a coat of Matte Medium over the entire surface, let dry. I do this after stamping my
images so that the background is sealed. I can then wipe the paint off if I make a mistake and not
mess up the background.
I painted all the images with very light washes of the DecoArt Fluid Acrylics using the IPC Small Point
Blender. I build up the shading colors by using the Fluid Acrylics at full strength with the 3/8” Angular
shading brush. Keeping the paint to the tip of the brush, it is easy to tuck the stronger color into the
corners to create depth. Use the Soft Flat Top to soften the floats.
The Fluid Acrylics dry quick so it is easy to add tints of other colors.
*After I paint my first soft colors, I like to add another thin coat of the DecoArt Matte Medium. It dries
quickly and any paint added over the Matte Medium can be wiped off with a baby wipe without
removing the paint below.
• Shade around the stamped design on the tag with Cobalt Teal Hue.
• Paint all the Sunflowers with a very light wash of Hansa Yellow Light.
• Shade the Sunflowers with Hansa Yellow Medium.
• Deepen the shading with Diarylide Yellow.
• Paint the flower centers with Diarylide yellow.
• Shade the flower centers, and the flower petals around the centre, with Cadmium Orange.
• Deepen shading on the flower centers with Quinacridone Red.
• Highlight with Titanium White.
• Paint the candies using the shading colors.
• Paint all the Sunflowers with a very light wash of Yellow Green Light.
• Shade with Yellow Green Light full strength.
• Deepen shading with Phthalo Green-yellow.
Jar Vase –
• Shade with soft tints of Cobalt Teal Hue.
• Wash over the jar with some soft tints of Hansa Yellow Light.
• Deepen shading with Cobalt Turquoise Hue.
• Shade the butterflies with tints of Cobalt Teal Hue, Yellow Green Light and Quinacridone Red.
• Deepen shading on the tag and around the design with Cobalt Turquoise Hue.
• Rub the embossing pad over the jar lid, so that it does not stick everywhere, then emboss with
the Aged Bronze embossing powder. Melt with the heat gun.
• Adhere the tag to the pallet jar with glue.
• Tie the twine into a bow and adhere.
Also uses these supplies:
FREG042 Aged Bronze Frantage Embossing Enamel www.stampendous.com
6-3/8" Arched Top Tag 31-L534 available from www.cdwood.com
5.8" x 8.50” Mason Jar Medium DIY Pallet Shape CSWPSMJAR www.clearscraps.com
Ranger Archival or StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
Baby wipes, Scissors, sticky notes
Glue, 8” piece of black and white baker’s twine
½” buffalo check stencil
Watermark (embossing) ink pad
Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Media: Matte Medium, Gesso
DecoArt Acrylics: Warm White, Lamp Black
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Hansa Yellow Light,
Diarylide Yellow, Hansa Yellow Medium, Quinacridone Red, Yellow Green Light, Phthalo Green-
Yellow, Carbon Black.
Brushes: set available from www.paintingwithdeb.ca
Dynasty Eye of the Tiger 3/8” Angular shader, Dynasty IPC Medium Flat top Mop, Dynasty IPC Small
Dynasty ½” stencil Pro brush (or similar)
½” flat shader for base coating
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project