Slim Cling Woodgrain Rubber Stamp, Ocean Sayings and Shell Beach Perfectly Clear® Stamp Sets by Kathi F. Rerek
- Cut a piece of Desert Storm cardstock to 8.5" square.
- Use magnets to secure the cardstock to the base of the stamping platform.
- Position the Woodgrain Stamp facedown horizontally onto the paper.
- Press the lid of the platform onto the stamp, lift, ink with Archival ink, and stamp. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove the stamp, clean well, and dry it.
- Flip the stamp, position it facedown above the stamped impression.
- Repeat Step #4.
- Apply Picket Fence Distress Stain over the stamped woodgrain to create a white-washed look. Heat set.
- Repeat Step #8.
- Liberally apply Tumbled Glass Distress reinker to the ink pad, then sponge over the white washed wood grain until you're happy with the appearance. Heat set.
- Trim the background panel to 7.75". Set aside.
- Re-do Steps#2 - 10 to create an additional piece of wood stamped stained cardstock to be used to mat the sentiments and/or for use on another project.
- Use a palette knife to apply Media Sand Paste to an 7.75" x 1.375" piece of heavy cardstock. Set aside to dry, preferably overnight. If I had been smart, I would have done this first. Alas.
- Use Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp the shells.
- Color the shells with Copic markers, fussy-cut them, and edge them with a dark marker.
- Use Archival ink to stamp the sentiments onto Desert Storm cardstock.
- Trim the sentiments and edge with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. Smudge a little ink onto them to to age them.
- Mat the sentiments with the stained-woodgrained cardstock created in Step #12.
- Mat again with Black Kraft Core cardstock.
- Lightly sand the edges of the Black Kraft Core cardstock to reveal the core.
- By now, the Sand Pasted strip of cardstock should be mostly dry. Blast it with a heat gun to ensure that it's totally dry.
- Add some details to the sand with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. Heat dry again.
- Adhere the Sand Pasted strip to the base of the background panel.
- Edge the entire piece with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.
- Use Dimensional Foam Adhesive Squares and strong glue to adhere the shells as shown.
- Adhere the matted sentiments.
- Use Stick-It to adhere Black Kraft-Core cardstock to black chipboard.
- Sand the edges to reveal the kraft.
- Use strong adhesive to adhere the image panel to the Kraft-Core/Chipboard base.
Also uses these supplies:
Other Products Used:
Desert Storm Smooth Cardstock from the Environment® Papers Collection by Neenah Papers
Jet Black Archival™ Ink by Ranger Ink
Conch: RV000, RV00, RV21, RV32, RV91, RV93, E50, E51, E53, E55
Starfish: YR14, YR24, YR27, E55, E57
Ton Shell: BV00, BV000, RV32, RV93, E50, E51, E53
Picket Fence Distress® Stain by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Ink
Tumbled Glass and Brushed Corduroy Distress® Ink by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Ink
Tumbled Glass Distress® Reinker by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Ink.
Media® Sand Paste by DecoArt®
Stick It Adhesive Sheets
Black/Kraft Cardstock from the Core'dinations Nostalgic Collection of Kraft Core™ by Tim Holtz®
3D Foam Squares Black Mix by Scrapbook Adhesives® by 3L
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project