Pumpkin Spooks Card by Kathi F. Rerek
- Cut a piece of 12x12 orange cardstock to 6x12, score, and fold in half to form a 6" square card.
- Cut a piece of Mixed Media paper to 6" x 8".
- Smoosh Distress Oxide inks onto a craft mat, spritz with water, and press a piece of mixed media cardstock into the puddles of lovely color. Heat set.Spritz with water, dab with a paper towel, and heat set.
- Repeat steps #2 and #3 until you're happy with the result.
- Heat set the mixed media cardstock until absolutely totally dry. Then heat a bit more just because.
- Position the Pumpkin Spooks 6x6 stamp stamping side down onto the base of a stamping platform then lift.
- Use magnets to secure the inked cardstock in place on the base of the platform.
- Ink the stamp with Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink and stamp.
- Repeat step #8 until you are happy with the stamped image.
- Heat set.
- Lightly spray the image panel with Starburst Spray and heat set.
- Trim to 5.75" square then use a scissor blade and/or distressing tool to rough up the edges. I like to use both.
- Use Distress ink to sponge the edges to add a bit of color to the frayed bits.
- Color the jack o'lanterns' stems, mouths, eyes, and hat with Distress markers.
- Adhere the image panel to the orange card.
- Re-ink the Pumpkin Spooks stamp with Memento ink, then stamp the image onto Mixed Media cardstock.
- Fussy-cut the skeleton and color with Copic markers. Edge lightly with the W1 marker.
- Adhere the fussy-cut colored skeleton over his counterpart on the card.
- Add the sentiment stickers to finish the piece.
Also uses these supplies:
Navel (Orange) Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
140 lb. Mixed Media Paper by Strathmore®
Tim Holtz® Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, and Ripe Persimmon Distress® Oxide Inks by Ranger Industries
Tim Holtz® Spiced Marmalade and Carved PumpkinDistress® Inks by Ranger Industries
Tim Holtz® Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Frayed Burlap Distress® Markers by Ranger Industries
Copic® Markers: W00, W0, W1, E40
Grab a Guy Gold Starburst Spray by Lindy's Gang®
Tim Holtz® Occasions Chitchat Idea-ology® Stickers by Advantus
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project