Paris Bonjour Travel Journal by Kathi Rerek
Directions for the covers:
- Die-cut the chipboard twice to create the covers and the spine.
- Die-cut Mixed Media paper several times for both sides of the covers and the spine.
- Stamp the Cling Clock Collage with Sepia Archival™ ink onto one sheet for the front cover.
- Stamp the Cling Crackle onto the other three covers and the spine.
- Mix Cerulean Blue and Titan Buff Media Fluid™, thin slightly with water, then sponge over the stamped covers, spine, and scraps of Mixed Media cardstock. Use a baby wipe to wipe back as necessary to reveal the clocks. Heat set.
- Add Remnant Rub sentiment along the top of the front cover as shown, then seal with Media® Matte Medium.
- Adhere the painted Mixed Media papers to the chipboard covers and spine and set aside.
- Ink the Eiffel Tower Stamp with VersaMark, then immediately re-ink with Sepia Archival™ ink. Stamp onto Mixed Media Cardstock, sprinkle on Clear Detail Embossing Powder, dump off excess, and heat set.
- Die-cut the Eiffel Tower.
- Using Jet Black Archival™ ink, stamp the Trees twice onto a scrap of the painted Mixed Media paper.
- Die-cut both images, then color the tree canopies with Leaf Green and Emerald Green Archival™ inks. Use the Dark Sepia Pitt Artist Pen to color the tree trunks.
- Using a strong adhesive, adhere the Eiffel Tower to cover, then adhere the tree backgrounds.
- Pour some Frantage Aged Bronze Embossing Enamel onto a folded sheet of scrap paper.
- Press all four edges of each cover into VersaMark ink, then run them through the Frantage Aged Bronze Embossing Enamel. Heat set. Repeat this step until you're happy with the coverage.
- Assemble the cover of the Passport mini-book using Sookwang Tape.
- Die-cut Mixed media cardstock to form the pages, remembering that each die-cut creates a four pages.
- Mix Cerulean Blue and Titan Buff Media Fluid™ paint, thin slightly with water, then sponge over the front and back of each spread. Heat set, then set aside.
- Apply Broken China and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink to a craft mat, spray with water, then drag Mixed Media papers through the ink, heat set, and repeat until you're happy with the result. *Make more pages than you think you'll need as you can always use them later!
- Apply Worn Lipstick to the craft mat and repeat the process above to add a touch of pink. Heat set.
- Cut the papers down to fit the pages and sponge the edges with Sepia Archival™ ink
- Mask off the top of each page. Sponge Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, and Pine Needles Distress inks along the base of each page.
- Using the Misti, position each of the Cityscapes and/or Windmill scene at the top of the green area, then stamp with Shadow Grey Archival™ ink. Repeat as necessary to get good ink coverage.
- Using the Misti, position the other scenic elements or people, and stamp with Watering Can Archival™ ink or Jet Black Archival™ ink.
- Color any open elements using either Distress or Pitt Artist pens, though colored pencils would also work.
- Cut stamps or other decorative elements from patterned paper or stickers, then adhere to the little scenic pages.
- Mat each page with black cardstock and adhere on the right hand page of the spread.
- Apply Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink to a craft mat, spray with water, then drag Mixed Media papers through the ink, heat set, and repeat until you're happy with the result.
- Stamp the Decor Cling Script with Sepia Archival™ ink onto each sheet.
- Cut the stamped paper to pocket size, mat with black cardstock, add adhesive to three sides of each pocket, and adhere to the left hand page of the spread.
- Cut down the *extra Distress Oxided pages to fit into the pocket. Add stickers and suchlike.
Also uses these supplies:
Passport Scoreboards XL Die by Sizzix
140 lb. Mixed Media Paper by Strathmore
Cerulean Blue, and Titan Buff Media Fluid® Acrylic paint by DecoArt®
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
VersaMark™ Pen by Tsukineko®
Tim Holtz® Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Pine Needles Distress Inks by Ranger
Tim Holtz® Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Antique Linen Distress Oxide Inks by Ranger
Tim Holtz® Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Barn Door, Faded Jeans, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Pens by Ranger
Sepia, Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Shadow Grey, Watering Can, Jet Black Archival™ Ink by Ranger
Warm Grey IV, Warm Grey III, Dark Sepia, and Sanguine Pitt Artist Pens by Faber Castell
Tim Holtz® Idea-ology Words Remnant Rubs by Advantus
Tim Holtz® Idea-ology Adage Tickets by Advantus
Travel Voyage and Notebook Stickers by 7 Gypsies
City Scapes, Curtain Call 8x8 Patterned Paper Pads by Graphic 45
Basics Manila 6x6 Patterned Paper Pads by Basic Grey
Uncharted Patterned Paper Pad by Paper Studios
Tim Holtz® Idea-ology Destinations Paper Stash by Advantus
Misti Stamping Tool by My Sweet Petunia
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project