Mermaid Flow Box by Kathi F. Rerek
- Take the boxes apart, separating the top and bottom from each of the three boxes. For this project, I've used the largest box.
- Mix White, Turquoise, and Patina Vintage Effect Wash Acrylic Paint. Brush over the top and sides of the top and bottom of the largest box. Let dry.
- Repeat application to ensure full coverage, but wipe back slightly with a baby wipe so that the wood grain still shows. Let dry.
- Apply White Vintage Effect Wash in horizontal streaks using a baby wipe. Let dry and set aside.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 with the insides of the box and the base of the box.
- Stamp the Mermaid Flow image onto white cardstock. Color with Copic markers.
- Stamp the wave border from the Mermaid Fish Stamp Set onto white cardstock, color with Copic markers, trim, and adhere above and below the image panel. Trim the image to 4.75" square, then mat with a 5" square piece of black cardstock.
- Stamp the starfish and all of the fish from the Mermaid Fish Stamp Set repeatedly onto white cardstock, then die-cut using the corresponding dies from the Mermaid Fish Die Set.
- Color all the images with Copic markers, switching color schemes up a bit. Edge all the colored die-cuts with a C9 marker.
- Adhere the top image to the top of the box with wet adhesive. Let dry, then brush the top and sides with Media Matte Medium. Let dry and repeat.
- Using wet adhesive, adhere the starfish and other fish to each of the sides. Let dry, then brush with Media Matte Medium. Let dry and repeat.
Also uses these supplies:
E00, R22, BG01, BG13, B02, B04, B06, B28, B69, Y17, Y32, YG01, YG07, YG17, V15, G16, C9
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
.07mm White DecoMarker by Pébéo
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project