Jungle Life, Cling Fern, and Smile Sentiments Canvas by Kathi F. Rerek
- Add a drop of Blue Green Light Media Fluid Acrylic paint (MFA) to a palette, spritz with water, then brush the wash over the canvas.
- Repeat this step with the other greens until you have a background that you like.
- Brush Media Matte Medium over top to seal the paints. Set aside to dry.
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamp the parrot and iguana. onto white cardstock.
- Fussy-cut both images, color with Copic markers, and edge with a dark marker. Set aside.
- Ink the Fern Garden stamp with Green Oasis VersaFine Clair and Olympia Green VersaFine inks. Use a stamp positioner to stamp the canvas. Repeat if necessary for good coverage. Heat set.
- Sprinkle some Leaf Green Brusho onto a craft mat, mist with water, then splash onto the canvas. Heat set.
- Sprinkle some White Brusho onto a craft mat, mist with water, and use a fan brush to dab white marks along the fern leaves. Heat set.
- Place the iguana onto the canvas and use a charcoal pencil to create a hill for him to perch upon.
- Paint the hill/perch with Viridian MFA paint. Heat set.
- Use Matte Medium to adhere the parrot/branch and the iguana to the canvas. Let dry.
- Computer generate "It's a jungle out there" and print onto cardstock with a laser printer.
- Using Green Oasis VersaFine Clair ink, stamp "Choose Kindness" onto white cardstock. Heat set.
- Trim the sentiments and use Media Matte Medium to adhere them to the canvas.
- Coat the canvas with another layer of Media Matte Medium.
- Edge the entire canvas with Jet Black StazOn ink.
- Finish the canvas with brass metal corners.
Also uses these supplies:
Blue Yellow Macaw: B04, B06, B16, B18, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, Y15, Y17, Y19, T0, T1, T4, T5, T6, T7
Blue Iguana: Same as Macaw plus B60, Y04, G43
Branch: E21, E23
Media® Fluid Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®: Blue Green Light, Translucent White, Pthalo Green Blue, Sap Green, Viridian
Brusho® by Colourcraft Ltd.®: Leaf Green, White
VersaFine Clair™ Ink by Tsukineko: Green Oasis
VersaFine™ Ink by Tsukineko: Olympia Green
StazOn® Ink by Tsukineko: Jet Black
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
6x6 Canvas Board
Metal Corners: Source Unknown
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project