Elephant Remember Note Pad by Kathi F. Rerek
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamp the Elephant onto Copic-friendly cardstock.
- Color the elephant, die-cut him, edge him with a dark marker, and set him aside for now.
- Sponge Summer Sky Memento ink over the Picasso stencil onto Mixed Media paper. Repeat this step with the Angel Pink Memento ink until you are happy with the "sky".
- Die-cut green cardstock with the treeline die and the grassy border die from the Meadow Edgers die set. The grassy border die actually cuts grass blades into the cardstock, so you have to die-cut again by positioning the curved die over the grass.
- Use Fern Green Archival ink to randomly stamp the grass borders from the Meadow Edge Perfectly Clear Stamp Set and the the Scenic Meadow Cling Rubber Stamp Set.
- Edge all green die-cuts with the Fern Green Archival ink.
- Layer the green die-cuts over the blue/pink stenciled sky.
- Trim this piece to 3/16" smaller than the notebook.
- Cut green cardstock to 1/8" smaller than the notebook as shown and use the green cardstock to mat the image panel.
- Die-cut green cardstock with "Remember" from the Friendships Words Die Set.
- Adhere the elephant and the sentiment to the image panel as shown using Media Matte Medium.
- Coat the image panel with Media Matte Medium, then use the Matte Medium to adhere the image panel to the notepad.
- Unseat the flap of the notepad, place a piece of acetate* under the cover, then add several layers of Matte Medium over the image panel onto the notepad to seal and protect them. Let dry completely before going to the next step.
- Remove the acetate, then adhere the Washi tape to the bottom of the notepad as shown and rub on the "Note to Self" sentiment.
- Coat the Washi tape with several layers of Media Matte Medium to seal the sentiment.
*Helpful Hint: Always save the acetate packaging for use in other projects. These pieces make great shields, covers for shaker cards, and/or invisible pieces to hang/suspend images or die-cuts.
Also uses these supplies:
Elephant: BV20, N2, N3, N4, N5
Elephant's Ears: R81, R83, RV91
Elephants Mouth: E04, R30, R32
Memento™ Sky Blue and Angel Pink Inks by Tsukineko
Fern Green Archival Ink™ by Ranger Industries
Tim Holtz® Life Quotes Remnant Rubs by Idea-ology®/Advantus
Green Cardstock by Bazzill Basics
"Remember" Word Die from Tim Holtz® Friendship Words Thinlits™ Die Set by Sizzix®
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
Pen Patterned Washi Tape
Kraft Notepad: Source Unknown*
*When I see sturdy notepads, especially those with pens, pencils, and plain covers, I buy multiples, set them aside, and promptly forget where I purchased them.
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project