Tortoise and Plantain Leaves by Louise Healy
- Fold a 7" x 10" piece of Grasshopper cardstock in half to form an A7 card.
- Tape the Plantain Leaves stencil to white cardstock with removable tape.
- Use the 1/4” stencil brush to apply green inks through the stencil, remove the stencil and let ink dry, clean stencil.
- Tape the Tortoise stencil over the inked leaves with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Black Embossing Paste over the Tortoise, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning, let paste dry.
- Tape the clean, dry Plantain Leaves stencil to white cardstock with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Regular Embossing Paste over the image, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning, let paste dry.
- On a 4-1/2” x 6-1/2” piece of white cardstock, stencil the Plantain Leaves several times along the bottom edge and up the left side using the green inks.
- Use the Picasso stencil to create “clouds” in the “sky” area using a 1/2” stencil brush and the blue ink.
- Adhere to the card front.
- Place the clean, dry Plantain Leaves stencil back over the dry paste and use the green ink to stencil with color, cut out leaving a small white edge all the way around.
- Cut out the dry Tortoise image.
- Stamp the saying on a 1-1/4” x 2” piece of white cardstock, color with markers and mount on a 1-1/2” x 2-1/4” piece of Grasshopper.
- Adhere the Tortoise to lower right area of the background.
- Use foam tape to add the Plantain Leaves to the lower left corner and the saying to the “sky” area.
- Apply the Color Fragments across the bottom area using a Dries Clear Glue
Also uses these supplies:
- My Color Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Grasshopper)
- Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme, Pearlescent Ivy Ink by Tsukineko®
- Memento Bahama Blue Ink by Tsukineko®
- Copic Markers – R08, YG03, B02
- Dries Clear Glue
- Foam Tape
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project