Sea Turtle Tag by Alison Heikkila
1. On watercolor paper, paint Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Burnt Umber, and Green Gold approximately where the turtle would be. Try to keep in mind what colors you would like where on the turtle.
2. While the paint is drying, gesso the tag.
3. After the paint has dried, stamp the turtle with VersaFine ink and emboss with Detail Black embossing powder.
4. Cut out the turtle.
5. Paint the tag using a back and forth (east to west) motion with Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Prussian Blue Hue, and Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide using a scruffy brush. You can mix the colors with some water if you wish. Let dry.
6. Tape the Scales Stencil on top of the tag and apply VersaMark ink with a Large Dauber.
7. Emboss with Detail Capri embossing powder.
8. Apply Textured Sand Paste around the edge of the tag with the Palette Knife. Be sure not to overwork the paste, especiall on top of the embossed areas. Let dry.
9. Paint a wash of Prussian Blue Hue on to the texture paste.
10. Using the Molotow pen, draw in highlights on to the turtle's shell and the white's of his eyes.
11. Apply Goosebumps all over the turtle with a brush. Make it thick.
12. Apply Quinacridone Gold all over the Textured Sand border.
13. Stamp the sentiment on to vellum using Jet Black StazOn.
14. Die cut the sentiment sing the Large "J" Fitted Frame.
15. Add 2 sequins to the vellum using On Point Glue.
16. Add more On Point to the underside of the vellum where the sequins is and to the upper right corner where it will be under the turtle's head.
17. Apply foam squares to the turtle and attach to the tag.
18. Add ribbon to the tag.
Also uses these supplies:
DecoArt Media: Fluid Acrylics in Yellow Iron Oxide, Burnt Umber, Green Gold, Cobalt Blue Hue, Prussian Blue, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Quinacridone Gold. White Gesso. Texture Sand Paste.
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, Goosebumps, Jet Black StazOn, On Point Glue, Large Sponge Dauber
Creative Impressions: #70128- 3/4" Gold Crepe Ribbon
Molotow: Signal White Extra Fine ONE4ALL Paint Pen
Scrapbooks Adhesieves: Foam Squares
Artist's Loft: Water Color Paper
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project