Rooster Paisleys by Laura Drahozal
- Fold a piece of 6 ¼ ” by 9” card stock so that the fold is on the side
- Lightly color the Oceanside blue card stock with the Periwinkle and Blue Slate colored pencils by turning them sideways and gently rubbing against the textured surface.
- Tape the Paisley stencil face up on the blue card stock. Use one large piece across the top of the stencil initially. It will be a hinge later. Tape all the way around.
- Remove the embossing paste from the container with the palette knife and place on the paste spreader.
- Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil and pull down towards you, filling the holes and keeping contact with the stencil at all times.
- Replace any extra paste into the container.
- Remove the tape from the bottom and sides of the stencil.
- Using the taped top as a hinge, carefully remove the stencil. Let the paste dry.
- Place the paper towel on the base of your manual die cut machine.
- Spray the back of the rooster stencil with the Tattered Angels spray.
- Place the stencil, sprayed side up, on the paper towel.
- Place the mixed media paper on top of the stencil. Cover with the rubber embossing mat and your machine’s cutting mats.
- Run the project through the die cut machine.
- Take the paper off of the stencil and set it aside to dry.
- When the rooster is dry, color the image with the colored pencils.
- Use the white colored pencil to create lines that look like stitching around the outside of the blue paisley image.
- Assemble the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Oceanside)
- Woven Burlap Ink Spray by Tattered Angels
- Paper Towel
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- Rubber Mat
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project