Owl Swoop Journey Journal by Kathi F. Rerek
- Brush both sides of the album covers with Blue and White Vintage Effect Wash. Be sure to paint the sides and any openings (binder holes and "Journey"). Let dry.
- Brush both sides of the album covers with Media Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Using Jet Black StazOn ink, stamp the World Map onto the bottom of the front cover and onto a piece of scrap paper. Heat set the cover and fussy-cut the the scrap paper map.
- Using a temporary adhesive place the scrap map over its counterpart as a mask.
- Using Jet Black StazOn ink, stamp the Clock Collage onto the cover,. Heat set.
- Using Jet Black StazOn ink, fill in any gaps on the cover with the Cling Crackle stamp. Heat set.
- Lift the mask and remove any of the remaining temporary adhesive. Brush the cover with a layer of Media Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Scrape Media Modeling Paste over the Steampunk Clock stencil onto the stamped painted front cover. Lift the stencil and clean immediately. Let the cover dry.
- Stamp Owl Swoop onto white cardstock using Memento ink.
- Color with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edge with a dark marker. Set aside.
- When the Media Modeling Paste is completely dry, paint the stenciled raised image with Media Fluid Acrylic paints. Let dry.
- Brush the cover with Media Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Use the Media Matte Medium to adhere the colored fussy-cut Owl to the cover as shown. Coat the Owl and the cover with several layers of Media Matte Medium, letting it dry between the layers.
- Cut a piece of Mixed Media paper slightly larger than the cut out word on the cover.
- Press the paper into the VersaMark pad and heat emboss with Aged Bronze Frantage Embossing Powder.
- Repeat step #15, then let cool.
- Flip the front cover over and securely adhere the Aged Bronze embossed paper face down over the reverse of the cut-out word.
- Trim two sheets of the patterned paper to 5.25" x 7.75", edge with Watering Can Archival ink, then adhere over the embossed panel on the inside of the front cover and onto the inside of the back cover.
- Edge all sides of the front and back cover of the journal with Jet Black Archival ink.
- Cut journal paper, cardstock, lined paper, etc. to fit the journal. Punch holes that match up with the binder's holes.
- Insert binder clips to attach the front cover, hole-punched papers, and back cover.
- Add charms and such to the top binder clip.
- Thread ribbon through the other holes in the cover and tie.
Also uses these supplies:
Aged Bronze Frantage Embossing Enamel (FREG042)
Journey 6x8 Wood Album by Clear Scraps
Blue and White Vintage Effect Wash™ by DecoArt®
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
Media® Modeling Paste by DecoArt®
Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Payne's Grey, and Quinacridone Gold Media® Fluid Acrylic Paints by DecoArt®
Jet Black StazOn® Ink by Tsukineko®
Watering Can Archival™ Ink by Ranger Industries
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Paper
Copic® Markers: E41, E42, E4, E44, E59, Y21,Y23,Y26, Y28, C00, C0, C1, C3, E91, E93, W00, W1, W3, N4, N6, N8
St. Tropez 8x8 Patterned Paper Pad by Prima Marketing®
Clip Bail, Jump Rings, Story Sticks, Typed Tokens, Loop Pins, Swivel Clasp by Tim Holtz® Idea-ology® by Advantus
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project