Oval Ornament by Louise Healy
- Tape the Oval Ornament stencil to a piece of cream cardstock, turn the paper over, rub with wax paper, and dry emboss the ornament with an embossing tool, be sure to go around the outer edge of the stencil too.
- Turn the image back to the front, tape it all around and use a 1/2" stencil brush to add color around the outer edge of the ornament, use a Picasso tool to shield the topper.
- Lay the Three Christmas Icons stencil over the oval and tape in place, use a 1/4" stencil brush and inks to add red ink to the Poinsettia, and gold to the center, use the Picasso tool to place color.
- I liked how it looked, but decided it was too flat, so I trimmed the ornament piece to 4" x 4", put the Poinsettia stencil back over it, turned it over and embossed the flower too.
- Remove the poinsettia stencil and place the ornament stencil back on, use the 1/2" brush to add more green ink all around the edges.
- Fold a 5-1/2" x 11" piece of dark green cardstock in half to form a square card, trim a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of music paper with a deckle scissors and brush with red, green and gold inks, tape to the front of the card.
- Tape the ornament on a red mat, punch a hole in the ornament hanger, add a little gold thread and a May Arts bow to the top of the ornament, adhere the ornament to the card front with foam tape.
- Here's a suggestion for the inside of the card, lightly stencil the ornament on cream cardstock, and stamp the sentiment from the Christmas Wishes set using Versafine Onyx Black.
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Classic® Red Pepper & Classic Cream Linen Cover Stock by Neenah Paper®
Sheet Music Brilliance™
Rocket Red & Pearlescent Ivy Ink by Tsukineko®
Delicata™ Golden Glitz Ink by Tsukineko®
Ribbon by May Arts
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
Foam Mounting Tape
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project