Eagle Crest by Laura Drahozal
- Fold a piece of 6 ¼ ” by 9 ¾ ” card stock so that the fold is on the top.
- Plan where you want to put the stencil on the mixed media paper and lightly trace the crest with a pencil.
- Using the traced stencil as a guideline for where to put lighter colors, paint the mixed media paper with the DecoArt products. You should use the colors in various shades over the paper. Let dry.
- Stamp the Oceanside card stock with the Midnight Blue Stazon and the crackled paint stamp from the toxic rubber set.
- Stamp the painted mixed media paper with the Cloudy Sky Sazon and the crackled paint stamp from the toxic rubber set.
- Use your manual die cut machine and frame die to cut a frame shape from the painted and stamped paper.
- Tape the Eagle Crest stencil face up on the cut out piece. Use one large piece across the top of the stencil initially. It will be a hinge later. Tape all the way around.
- Remove the black embossing paste from the container with the palette knife and place on the paste spreader.
- Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil and pull down towards you, filling the holes and keeping contact with the stencil at all times.
- Replace any extra paste into the container.
- Remove the tape from the bottom and sides of the stencil.
- Using the taped top as a hinge, carefully remove the stencil. Let the paste dry.
- After the black paste is dry, replace the stencil, taping all the way around.
- Repeat steps 8-12 with crackle paste right over the top of the black paste. Let it dry completely—it will crackle on its own.
- When the paste is completely dry, color the image with the alcohol inks and let that dry.
- Replace the stencil and tap over it with the Versamark Ink Pad.
- Remove the stencil and cover the image with the clear embossing powder.
- Shake off the excess powder and heat emboss with tool.
- Assemble the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- EP020 Clear Embossing Powder
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Oceanside)
- Red Cork Paper
- StazOn® Ink Pad by Tsukineko® (Midnight Blue, Cloudy Sky)
- Spectrum Noir™ Markers (EB8, TB9, GB5, CT2, TN8, DG3, DR3, IG8)
- Media Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt® (Carbon Black, Payne’s Gray, Titanium White)
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project