Diamond Grid Wren by Louise Healy
- Fold a 7" x 10" piece of white cardstock in half to form an A7 card.
- Dry emboss the Diamond grid stencil on white cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2”.
- With the grid stencil still in place, overlay the Wren stencil (LL571) and tape in place with removable tape.
- Use a 1/4" stencil brush to apply ink to the Wren design, use the Picasso (LL332) to help with the placement of colors.
- Use small pieces of removable tape over the bird area of the stencil, then tape the stencil over and down from the original and color another set of flowers and leaves.
- Remove the Wren stencil and use a 3/4" stencil brush and VersaFine Deep Lagoon to brush in the "sky". Use the cloud end of the Picasso to create a couple of clouds.
- Remove the grid stencil and wipe it off with a soft rag and return to the design, use a finger dauber to apply a coat of VersaMark over the entire grid, remove stencil, set aside.
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, heat set.
- Repeat the VersaMark, sprinkle with Deep Impressions embossing enamel, heat from below until starting to melt then from above, add another layer of VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder if needed to get a smooth tile-like finish.
- Trim an even edge all around the image, mount on a green mat, then a white mat.
- Adhere to a 5" x 7" green front, add a piece of May Arts ribbon, tie in the middle with a piece of jute, then adhere to the card front.
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Memento™ Rich Cocoa Marker by Tsukineko®
Radiant Neon™ Electric Yellow Ink by Tsukineko®
VersaFine™ Toffee, Habanero, Satin Red, Spanish Moss, Olympia Green, Deep Lagoon Inks by Tsukineko®
Ribbon and Twine by May Arts
Die Cut Machine
Rubber Embossing Mat
1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project