Cattails Scene by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 9-1/2" piece of Tuscan Sun cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Cut a 3-3/8" x 4-1/2" piece of Watercolor paper, swipe the ink pads directly on the acrylic handle trying not to mix the colors too much, spritz with water, spritz the paper with a little water then "stamp" the paints in the center of the Watercolor paper, carefully remove the acrylic handle.
- If necessary, use a water brush or small paint brush and water to move the colors a little and blend, let inks dry thoroughly.
- Tape the Cattails Scene stencil to the Watercolor paper, lining up over the painted area, with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Black Embossing Paste over the design, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning later, let paste dry.
- Adhere the image to a 3-5/8" x 4-5/8" mat of Sweet Potato, then a 3-7/8" x 4-7/8" mat of Harvest Orange.
- Adhere a piece of green ribbon around the layered image, securing in the back, adhere to card front, and glue a small matching bow on the ribbon.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Tuscan Sun, Sweet Potato, Harvest Orange)
- Watercolor Paper
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink by Ranger® (Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed)
- Mister Bottle with Water
- Removable Tape
- Ribbon by May Arts
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project