Wave Crest by Louise Healy
- Fold a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Caribbean Sea cardstock in half to form a top fold A2 card.
- Cut three pieces of Spearmint cardstock, one 3 3/4" x 5", one 3" x 4 3/8" and one 1 5/8" x 3 1/8".
- Tape the Flourishes stencil to the largest piece of Spearmint paper with removable tape, use a 1/2" stencil brush to apply the Teal Zeal ink through the stencil, remove and clean the stencil, edge the stenciled piece with the BG09 marker, adhere to the card front.
- Cut a 3" x 4" piece of the Graphic 45 Deep Blue Dreams paper and edge with the BG09 marker, adhere to the stenciled layer near the lower right corner.
- Tape the Wave Crest stencil to the 3" x 4 3/8" piece of Spearmint paper with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Glossy White Embossing Paster over the image, use the palette knife to dab some extra paste on the crest of the wave, remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning.
- Immediately sprinkle the wet paste with the powders from the Beach Embossing Kit, using the Chunky White on the crest area and a combination of the three blues in the wave area, tap off extra powders, use a heat tool to set the powders and puff the paste a little.
- Measure in 3/4" from each side of the pasted piece along the top and bottom edges, use a pencil to lightly draw a line from top to bottom connecting the marks, stopping at the crest and restarting on the other side of it, do this on both sets of marks.
- Use a scissors to carefully cut on one line up to the Crest, then around the Crest and continue on the line to the other edge, repeat on the other side of the Crest, edge the cut out Crest with the BG09 marker, carefully use the BG72 marker to create a shadow along the edges of the waves.
- Edge the remaining piece of Spearmint paper with the BG09 marker, add three white brads, and adhere to the card front more towards the bottom than the top.
- Use foam tape to add the cut out Wave Crest layer.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Caribbean Sea, Spearmint)
- Deep Blue Dreams Patterned Paper by Graphic 45
- Memento™ Teal Zeal Ink by Tsukineko®
- Copic® Markers (BG09, BG72, BG10)
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project