Snowman Smile Snowglobe by Deb Antonick
- Prepare the wood surface with a coat of Gesso. Let dry. Sand lightly.
- Paint the globes with Snow “Titanium” White. Paint the Bases with Silver.
- Seal the Gesso with a thin coat of Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Tip: Stamping with Acrylic paint over the Matte Medium will allow you to wipe off the stamp with a baby wipe before it dries.
- Stamp the images onto each globe.
- Paint the first coat of each color on the images with watered down paints.
- Shade with the paint full strength. Deepen shading with the darker valuesAdd tints of complimentary colors such as yellows on greens, and oranges on reds, greens on blues etc.
- Shade all the white areas with Burnt Umber.
- Shade the silver bases with Lamp Black.
- Use the liner brush and Snow Titanium White to add the snow.
Also uses these supplies:
Stampendous: Embossing Powder – TP101 Silver Tinsel, EP030 Kaleidoscope
Surface: 3 x 6" Snowglobe Ornaments #31-L646 www.cdwood.com
Chipboard – Holly Berry Assembly www.chipboard.ca
Stamps: QS5040 Santa Wink set, CRW213 Snowman Scarf, CRP337 Snowman Smile,
CRS5107 Intricate Snowflakes
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Media Gesso
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Vermilion, Diarylide Yellow, Hansa Yellow Medium, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Pyrrole Red, Quinacridone Red, Quinacridone Magenta, Burnt Umber, Green Gold, Sap Green, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue,
DecoArt Acrylics – Snow “Titanium” White, Lamp Black
DecoArt Extreme Sheens - Silver
Small brayer, baby wipes, Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, heat gun
Note – I use the point blenders to paint with like a marker, Loading with very little paint. I apply shading with the ⅜ angle shader.
Dynasty IPC Small and Medium Point Blenders, Dynasty IPC Mop Brush, Dynasty Black Gold Series 200, ¾”, ½” flat brush, #1 Liner brush, 3/8 Angular Shader
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project