Jumbo Leaves Coffee Cozy by Laura Weed
1. Using Ink Dauber Delights by Tsukineko®, stamp Jumbo Cling Leaves on various colors of felt in contrasting colors of ink.
2. Iron stamped images with a sheet of paper over the ink to set ink.
3. Use cardboard sleeve from a popular coffee drink as a pattern to cut out sleeves from felt.
4. Arrange various colored leaves on each sleeve in a pleasing pattern.
5.Using DMC® Pearl Cotton in contrasting shades and a simple blanket stitch, stitch around each leaf cutting off areas that overlap the edge of the sleeve.
6. Use a satin stitch to cover the stem.
7. With a metallic thread such as DMC Moline Copper, use a variety of fun stitches to make veins in the leaves.
8. Attach sticky back or sew on hook and loop tape where the edges overlap. This allows some adjustment for different sized cups.
Also uses these supplies:
Rainbow Classic Felt by the Kunin Group - Olive, Gold, Chocolate, Cashmere Tan
Velcro Sticky Back Buttons
Embroidery Thread - Size 5 Pearl Cotton by DMC - #801, 739, 938, 368, 422, 434
E301 Copper Thread by DMC
Tsukineko Dauber Delights Fabric Ink - ED-100-002
Cardboard Coffee Sleeve
Die Cutting Machine and Shim
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project