Honey Queen and Honeycomb Wishes by Alison Heikkila
- Tape the Honey Queen Stencil to a piece of Stampendous' Mixed Media White Paper.
- Add tape to the body of the bee, so that only the wings are exposed.
- Using Pearlescent embossing Paste and the Palette Knife, spread the paste across the wings, remove and wash stencil, and let dry.
- Replace the stencil back on to the wings and tape off the head so that only the crown is exposed. You don't really need to tape off the body and the wings for this.
- Using Gold Embossing Paste and the Palette Knife, paste the crown, remove and wash stencil, and let dry.
- Replace the stencil on the pasted image and tape off the wings and the crown.
- Apply Dandelion Memento Ink to the head and every other stripe. Use the Picasso Shield to help block out the correct areas.
- Apply Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to the opposing stripes and the eyes, again utilizing tape and the Picasso Shield.
- Trim the Honey Queen out.
- On watercolor paper, tape down the Honeycomb Stencil and spray with Lemon Zest Dylusions spray.
- Cut the piece down to 5-1/4" x 3-3/4."
- Stick the Honeycomb Perfectly Clear stamp on to a Handle, ink with VersaFine ink and stamp on top of the yellow Honeycomb background.
- Stamp the sentiment with VersaFine ink on to the background piece.
- Ink the edges of the background with Golden Glitz Delicata ink.
- Create the card base with Yellow Corn cardstock and cut to the size of 5-1/2" x 8."
- Ink the edges of the card base with White Shimmer Delicata ink.
- Glue the background to the base with ZipDry™ Glue.
- Glue the Honey Queen to the background with Pop Dots.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Yellow Corn Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
- Delicata Golden Glitz and White Shimmer Ink by Tsukineko®
- Memento™ Dandelion Ink by Tsukineko®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Watercolor Paper by Recollections
- Dylusions Lemon Zest Spray by Ranger
- Pop Dots by Glue Dots
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project