Felt Mice by Deb Antonick
- Basecoat the wood with Gesso to seal. Let dry, Sand lightly.
- Basecoat with 1 – 2 coats of Warm White. Let dry.
- Gently distress the edges of the ornaments with the ink pad.
- Stamp all the ornaments with the Felt Mice stamps, get creative with all the little stamps too.
Use the Micron Pen to fix any problem spots.
- Seal all the ornaments with a coat of DecoArt Media Matte Medium.
I painted these with DecoArt Acrylics watered down to an ink like consistency to create a wash.
I paint with the #2 Round brush and mop gently with the 3/8” mop.
Basecoat – Load the #2 Round with the watered down paint and tap on a piece of paper towel to remove excess water, then paint the design elements. Mop softly when required. Let dry.
Shade – In most cases, I will use the ¼” Angle shader with the tip loaded in the darker value for shading. For shading larger areas, I will use the 3/8” Angle shader.
Highlights – Same as shading, using the lighter values.
My color combinations are as follows:
Red – Basecoat with Cinnamon drop. Shade with Napa Red. Highlight with Electric Pink.
Blue – Basecoat with Whispering Turquoise. Shade with Turquoise Blue. Highlight with Foliage Green.
Green – Basecoat with Foliage Green. Shade with Leaf Green. Highlight with Bright Yellow.
Purple – Basecoat with Grape Juice. Shade with Dioxazine Purple. Highlight with Whispering Turquoise.
Brown – Basecoat with Raw Sienna. Shade with Burnt Sienna. Highlight with Bright Yellow.
Yellow – Basecoat with Bright Yellow. Shade with Orange Flame.
White – Shade with Whispering Turquoise.
- Shade around the stamped image with Raw Sienna.
- Add snow, dot eyes and spatter with Snow “Titanium” White.
- Emboss the tops if the ornaments with Aged Taupe.
- Paint the sides and the backs of the ornaments with Extreme Sheen Vintage Brass.
- Varnish or paint the new Enchanted Gold Shimmer over the ornaments to create a soft sparkle.
Also uses these supplies:
Set of 6 wood ornaments size 2.5” x 3” Available at www.chipboard.ca
Stamps – SSC1362 Felt Mice www.stampendous.com
*Order in Canada from www.paintingwithdeb.ca
Aged Taupe Embossing Powder
Watermark Embossing Ink Pad www.stampendous.com
StazOn or Ranger Permanent Black ink pad
Fine sandpaper, fine point stylus
Micron Pens (Black) Sizes 01, 03 or Identi-Pen
Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Media White Gesso
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
DecoArt Enchanted Shimmer – Gold
DecoArt Extreme Sheen – Vintage Brass
Warm White, Snow “Titanium” White, Lamp Black, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Turquoise Blue, Whispering Turquoise, Foliage Green, Leaf Green, Bright Yellow, Orange Flame, Cinnamon Drop, Electric Pink, Napa Red, Grape Juice, Dioxazine Purple
(I used Dynasty Black Gold (206 Series) available from www.thebrushguys.com)
#10 Flat Shader, #2 Round Brush, 3/8” and ¼” Angle shaders, 3/8” Mop Brush (Decorator Series 400)
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project