Christmas Sky by Alison Heikkila
- On a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Bristol Paper, apply splotches of Distress Oxide color with the Ink Blending Tool (all except for Black Soot), covering the paper completely.
- Apply Black Soot Distress Oxide on top of the colors, inking heavier in some spots, and lighter in others.
- Flick water on to the background. You can pick up excess water with a paper towel.
- Flick Carbon Black Mister on to the background by opening up the bottle and tapping the straw towards the paper.
- Stamp Christmas Sky in the center of the background with VersaMark Ink.
- Sprinkle sentiment with Detail White Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Sprinkle Chunky White Embossing Powder around the outer perimeter of the card. Keep it loose, so that when it is melted, it looks like stars.
- Heat the White Embossing Powder from underneath.
- Create the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 4 1/4" x 11."
- Attach the completed background to the card base.
Also uses these supplies:
DP100 Detail White Embossing Powder
FREG021 Chunky White Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Imagine: VersaMark Ink
Strathmore: Bristol Paper
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Black Soot. Ink Blending Tools.
DecoArt Media: Mister in Carbon Black
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project