Autumn Truck with Embossing Powder by Deb Antonick
- Paint the canvas board with a coat of DecoArt Oyster Beige. Let dry.
- Apply a coat of DecoArt Matte Sealer to seal. Let dry.
- Load the brayer Lamp Black and roll onto the stamp, then stamp the orange ornaments.
- Start painting the images with the DecoArt Fluid Acrylics. I always paint the images first with the Fluid acrylic watered down, for example: paint the truck with watered down Cobalt Blue Hue, then deepen the color to add depth to the image with the color full strength.
- After you have all the first color layers complete and dry, apply a coat of the DecoArt Matte Medium to seal. This will allow you to continue your layers and remove any mistakes quickly with a Baby Wipe without messing with the first layers.
- Continue to build up your color layers and adding tints of other colors for added interest to your images. By sealing between your favorite layers with Matte Medium, you can continue to play and create without worry.
- Use the photos and the color selection listed as a guide.
- Add the rust spots on the truck with tints of Quinacridone GoldPaint the Chipboard Frame with Black Gesso. Let dry.
- Emboss using patches of the different Aged Powders to create a mottled rustic look.
- Line in the grill and other truck details with the Embossing Marker, then emboss with the Aged Taupe.
- Use your finger to rub random rust spots into the truck with the embossing ink then emboss with the Copper Tinsel.
Also uses these supplies:
6 x 6 Canvas board
Fall Leaf Chipboard Frame – www.chipboard.ca
FREG042 Aged Bronze
FREG025 Aged Copper
FREG033 Aged Taupe
TP104 Copper Tinsel
Paint Brushes: Available from www.thebrushguys.com
Dynasty IPC 1 Small Point Blender
Dynasty IPC 5 Medium Soft Flat Mop
Dynasty Eye of the Tiger series 610 #12 Flat shader
Dynasty Eye of the Tiger series 620 #3/8 Angular shader
Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
DecoArt Media Gesso – White and Black
DecoArt Acrylics – Oyster Beige, Lamp Black
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Cobalt Blue Hue, Primary Yellow, Diarylide Yellow, Pyrrole Orange, Vermillion, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Dark Grey Value 3, Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Gold, Green Gold, Sap Green, Paynes Grey, Prussian Blue Hue
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project