Starfish by Laura Drahozal
- Fold a piece of 5 ½ ” by 8 ½ ” card stock so that the fold is on the side.
- Use the manual die cut machine and the Fitted Frames dies to cut out two sizes of frames—the larger from tropical splash and the smaller from spearmint.
- Stamp the phrase in the smaller frame with the Versamark Ink.
- Cover with the Pacific Blue Embossing Powder and shake off the excess.
- Heat emboss.
- Glue the smaller frame onto the larger one.
- Tape the small scallop stencil on the sweetie pie card stock.
- Tap the Versamark Ink over the stencil, being sure to get the small areas.
- Remove the stencil.
- Pour Ivory embossing glitter over the top and shake off the excess.
- Heat emboss using the tool.
- Cut closely to the image.
- Repeat steps 7-12 three times.
- Repeat steps 7-12 with the starfish stencil, mandarin card stock and Nutmeg Embossing Powder.
- Cut a 4 ¼” by 5 ½” piece of the spearmint card stock.
- Place the large wavy end of the Picasso stencil up in the left corner.
- Rub the Versamark Ink pad on the card stock in the upper left hand corner and up onto the stencil.
- Remove the stencil, and pour a color of blue embossing powder over the ink.
- Heat set using the embossing tool.
- Repeat steps 16-19, moving the stencil down, starting the ink under the last color, and changing colors each time, until you reach about halfway down the card stock. This does not have to be perfect.
- Adhere a couple of the shells and the pearls in the area that will be the beach.
- Color some of the embossing paste with the DecoArt paint until it looks like sand. Use the palette knife to mix.
- “Frost” the card with your palette knife.
- Add the rest of the shells and the starfish while the project is still wet. You can place them partially in the sand.
- Frantage Encrusted Jewel Technique 5-Jar Kits Multiple Styles & Colors
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- Fitted Frames A Die Cut Set 29.99
- Starfish Metal Stencil 4.99
- Ocean Wisdom Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps 14.99
Also uses these supplies:
- EK22 Beach Embossing Kit
- EP208 Ivory Embossing Powder
- EP504 Nutmeg Embossing Powder
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Spearmint, Tropical Splash, Sweetie Pie, Mandarin)
- Media Paint by DecoArt® (Yellow Oxide, Quinacridone Gold)
- White Pearl Gems
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project