Laurel Burch Hummingbird Wishes Box by Kathi F. Rerek
- Take the boxes apart, separating the top and bottom from each of the three boxes. For this project, I've used the smallest box.
- Mix White and Tan Patina Vintage Effect Wash Acrylic Paint. Brush over the top and sides of the top and bottom of the largest box. Let dry.
- Repeat application to ensure full coverage, but wipe back slightly with a baby wipe so that the wood grain still shows. Let dry.
- Apply White Vintage Effect Wash in horizontal streaks using a baby wipe. Let dry and set aside.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 with the insides of the box and the base of the box.
- Using a stamp positioner, stamp the floral border with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto white cardstock.
- Remove the border from the stamp positioner and place the hummingbird where you want him to be. Stamp him using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Color both the hummingbird and the border with Copic markers. Use blue markers to add a sky, then use the E markers to add some dots to the background so that the painted box and the image panel coordinate. This step is not necessary if you plan all your color schemes ahead and paint and color accordingly.
- Trim the image panel to 3.5" square and mat with a slightly larger square of black cardstock.
- Use wet adhesive to adhere the matted image panel to the top of the box.
- Using Jet Black StazOn ink, stamp the sentiments and the decorative icons onto the box's side. Apply a bit more pressure than you'd ordinarily use because the painted surface is a bit uneven.
- Use a MultiLiner or fine-tipped black Sharpie to touch up the sentiments and icons.
- Let dry, then brush the top and sides with Media Matte Medium. Let dry and repeat.
Also uses these supplies:
<B21. B21, <B60, B60, B63, B66, B69, RV52, RV55, RV63, YG03, YG05, YG13, YG17, E00, E13
Black Multiliner Pen by Copic®
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Media® Matte Medium by DecoArt®
StazOn® Jet Black Ink by Tsukineko®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project