Reindog by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut cardstock 11" x 4-1/4" and score at 5-1/2" for card base. Embossing Sandwich: Diecutting platform (with no tabs), brown cardstock panel, rubber mat, stencil, 2 diecutting plates. Set aside.
- Wrap the gingham ribbon approximately halfway around the card front. Partially stamp a scrap of white cardstock with the Christmas Wishes Stamp Sentiment. Corner round one end and diagonally snip the top corners. Punch a 1/8" hole to create the tag. Tie over the checkered ribbon.
- Using VersaMark ink, rub it across the reindeer dog stencil to completely cover it with ink.
- Lay the inked stencil over the sticky side of the mounting paper cut at 3-1/4" x 2-1/4" (the same size as the stencil) and adhered to a same size white panel. Choose a place to begin adding one of the embossing powder colors. I like to work on perimeter areas first. Cut a plastic straw at an angle to create a scoop to work with. This works great in small areas.
- Fill in the bow with Lime Micro Glitter and press down lightly with your fingers. Tilt away from the dog's body to eliminate any excess powder. This is called a 'waterfall technique.'
- Fill in the antlers with Golden Sand embossing powder, press lightly with your finger and then tilt the stencil away from the dog's body to remove the excess.
- Fill in the ornament with Red Micro Glitter and tilt toward the left and away from the dog's body.
- Fill in the nose and eye with Black Micro Glitter and tilt away from the body.
- Fill in the tongue with Blushing Pink embossing powder. Press lightly with fingers and tilt away from the dog's body.
- Fill in the head with Cinnamon Micro Glitter and tilt toward the antlers to remove the excess.
- Fill in the collar with Real Red Embossing Powder and tilt away from the body.
- Fill in the body with Cinnamon Micro Glitter.
- Remove the stencil. Fill in the background with Crystal Micro Glitter, press down with fingers and tilt off or flick off the excess.
- Mount onto a cardstock panel cut 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" with 3M Scotch Foam Mounting Tape and affix to card front.
Also uses these supplies:
DWLJ803 Checkerboard Stencil
DWREM Rubber Embossing Mat
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Ribbon by May Arts
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
Sizzix Big Kick - Diecutting Plates (2), diecutting platform
3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives® by 3L®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project