Mittens Forever Friends by Wayne Harlow
- Fold an 8.5" X 5.5" panel of black cardstock in half to form card base.
- On a 4" X 5.25" panel of red cardstock, use white glossy paste to paste mittens image by securing mittens stencil to card with a frame of removable tape. Apply paste to paste spreader with palette knife and paste at a 45 degree angle.
- Place stencil immediately into water to soak.
- Gently shield mittens area and tap gold micro glitter on to ribbon area of wet paste.
- Gently press glitter into the paste and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Clean the stencil while paste is drying.
- On completely dry mittens, use a permanent, fine-point black marker to zentangle patterns on to the white paste.
- Replace stencil over mittens and use palette knife with additional paste to create texture on mitten tops. Allow to dry.
- Clean stencil, palette knife and paste spreader thoroughly, not permitting paste to dry on tools.
- Adhere red panel to black card front.
- Prepare greeting panel as desired and adhere to card near the top.
Also uses these supplies:
DWLM2013 Forever Friends Stencil (retired)
Red and Black Cardstock
Micron Permanent Black Marker
Paper glue and 3-D Foam Adhesive
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project