Mermaid Friends by Jennie Lin Black
- Using Mermaid Friends stamp images with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink pad.
- Color images with whatever coloring medium you desire. (Copic colors used for sample are listed above)
- Lay Chipboard or thick cardstock onto hot plate (be sure to lay craft mat under to catch spill over.) Sprinkle on all three blue embossing powders from the Beach Kit. Let melt.
- Add a little bit of white chunky embossing powder to lighten it. I picked up one end of the chipboard and let it run sideways across the chipboard leaving swirls and lines. I then added thick clear embossing powder to thicken the depth of the “water”.
- Now sprinkle on Rose or Taupe Fragments on to the lower portion of the background. Add Deep impression Chunky Clear embossing powder FREg004 on top and let melt. The embossing powder will form a glaze over the fragments, making it look like wet crushed coral.
- Remove from hot plate using large spatula and cool “flat” edges may curl if using thin paper. Chipboard works best. Becareful not to burn yourself.
- Cut colored images out using matching die set.
- Arrange images as desired then adhere using foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives.
- Assemble card.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
- Super Smooth White Cardstock by Neenah®
- Voyage Beneath the Sea Patterned Paper by Graphic 45®
- Copic® Markers (E40, E41, E43, R20, E11, E00, R20, E000, E35, YR24, YR21, R00, V01, R22, R24, R21, YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01, E35)
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- Hot Plate
- Paper Cutter
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project