French Horn by Laura Drahozal
- Cut the card stock to 9 1/2" by 6"and create a fold on the top.
- Cut green card stock to 4 3/4" by 6" and adhere to the front of the card.
- Use removable tape to adhere the French Horn Stencil face up on top of a piece of multi media paper. Make sure to put the initial strip of tape all the way across the top of the stencil, creating a hinge.
- Use the palette knife to place a strip of Gold Embossing Paste across the bottom edge of the paste spreader. Make sure you have a long enough strip of paste to cover the entirety of the French Horn image from side to side.
- Place the bottom edge of the paste spreader directly on the top edge of the stencil with the paste facing you.
- Pull the paste spreader towards you across the stencil. (Think of a squeegee). The embossing paste should completely fill all the wells in the stencil.
- Use the palette knife to remove the excess paste from the spreader and place back in the container.
- Carefully remove the tape from the sides and bottom of the stencil, leaving the hinge on top.
- Lift the stencil from a bottom corner, like a door and then remove it entirely from the area.
- Clean and thoroughly dry the French Horn Stencil.
- Repeat steps 3-9, but use the Translucent Embossing Paste. Focus only on the ribbon in the image, so you can cut the paper smaller, use less paste, and start the "pull" just above the bow.
- While the Translucent Paste is still wet, generously cover with Red Micro Glitter and let the glitter stay in place.
- When the Translucent Paste is completely dry, brush off the excess glitter with a stencil brush and cut around the ribbon and bow with a craft knife.
- Use the Chameleon Pen in Grass Green to color the holly leaves directly on the dry gold paste.
- Stamp the music image on ivory card stock and rip in half.
- Distress the edge of the music sheets with the Distress Blender and Ink.
- Run Sticky Panels around the edges of a rectangle about 1/4" inside the green card stock.
- Place music sheets on the Sticky Panels, adhering the inside of the sheets with another adhesive.
- Fill in the additional Sticky Panel edges with Mica Fragments.
- Use the Versa Marker to cover any additional areas that you would like gilded.
- Cover the Sticky Panel and Versa Marker areas with Aged Gold Embossing Powder and shake off the excess.
- Heat with the Embossing Tool to melt the powder.
- Trim closely to the French Horn image and distress with Distress Tool and Ink.
- Cut red card stock about 1/2" larger than the horn image on both sides.
- Mount the French Horn to the red card stock.
- Run the cut out ribbon image through the Xyron "X" machine and adhere directly to the corresponding places on the French Horn image.
- Use the foam tape to adhere the horn image onto the background.
- Frantage Embossing Enamels Multiple Styles & Colors
- Frantage Mica Fragments Multiple Styles & Colors
- Sticky Panels 3.49
- Micro Glitter Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMarker Watermark Ink Pen 3.49
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® 6.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Dreamweaver Translucent Paste 9.49
- Gold Embossing Paste 10.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- French Horn Stencil 9.99
- 1/4 inch Brush #6 Gold Handle 3.29
Also uses these supplies:
FREG024 Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
FRM04 Tea Stained Mica
MG011 Red Micro Glitter
Plus: Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Scotch® Removable Tape by 3M®
Scotch® 1/2" Adhesive Tape by 3M®
"X" Adhesive by Xyron®
Chameleon™ Markers (Grass Green)
Time Holtz® Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger®
Distress Inking Tool
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project