Wings Die Set by Kathi F. Rerek
- Using a palette knife and a credit card, apply black gesso to the chipboard tag.
- Stamp into the wet gesso with one of the stamps on the Quest Texture Cube. Set aside the tag to air dry.
- The Wings die-cut set includes several pairs of wing heart dies in different sizes. Each size wing die set has an outline die and an inner die that embosses while it cuts the inner section.
- Die-cut thick black cardstock with once with one of the hearts and twice with one set of wing dies.
- Take all four wing die-cuts and place them between folded scrap paper on top of your cutting platform. Place both cutting plates over top, and run this sandwich through your die-cut machine at least twice to flatten the die-cuts so that they can be used as mirror image dies.
- Sponge Metallic Silver Media® Fluid Acrylic paint onto all four of the wings. Heat set, then dry brush Quinacridone Gold MFA paint over the wings, spread the paint with your fingers, and wipe back as needed with a baby wipe. Heat set, then use the baby wipe to add a tiny bit of Cobalt Turquoise Hue MFA paint to the wings. Wipe back and heat set. Set wings aside.
- Sponge Metallic Silver Media® Fluid Acrylic paint onto the heart die-cut. Heat set, dry brush Quinacridone Red MFA onto the heart, and wipe back with a baby wipe. Heat set the heart.
- Using Jet Black Archival ink, stamp the heart with the Music Score Stamp and heat set.
- Flip the four wings and the heart over and use embossing styluses to add dimension to the heart and the wings.
- Adhere inner part of each wing die-cut to the corresponding outline die-cut.
- Apply Metallic Silver MFA paint directly to the tag and randomly spread the paint with a credit card until you're happy with the coverage. Heat set.
- Mix Translucent White and Cerulean Blue MFA paints and sponge over the silver painted tag. Heat set.
- Using Jet Black Archival ink, stamp the Clock Collage over the tag. Heat set.
- Apply Metallic Silver MFA paint to a craft sheet. Add a drop of Carbon Black MFA paint, then spread the paint with a brayer. Immediate press the swirly design of the Quest Texture Cube into the paint, and stamp onto the tag. Spread the paint with the brayer again, press the diamond plate stamp design of the Quest Texture Cube into the paint, and stamp onto the tag.
- Repeat Step 14 until you're happy with the result. Heat set.
- Edge the entire tag with Jet Black Archival Ink and heat set.
- Sponge Metallic Silver Media® Fluid Acrylic paint onto a scrap of black cardstock. Heat set, then dry brush Quinacridone Gold MFA paint over top, and spread with your fingers. Heat set.
- Using Onyx Black VersaFine ink, stamp the sentiment onto the scrap of cardstock. Immediately pour on Detail Clear Embossing Powder, dump off the excess, and heat set.
- Die-cut the sentiment with a Ribbon Tag Die, then edge with Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Cut two small strips of textured specialty paper.
- Adhere the sentiment tag, add the two strips, fold around the the tag, adhering the strips to the reverse of the tag.
- Using dimensional foam adhesive, adhere the heart and wings to the tag as shown.
- Using your fingertip, apply Quinacridone Gold MFA paint to the Timepiece, then wipe back with a soft cloth. Use an emery board to sand the paint off of the numbers.
- Adhere the Timepiece to the Mechanical with wet glue. Let dry.
- Use the brad to adhere the small gear to the Timepiece/Mechanical combination. Place foam adhesive into the recess between the Mechanical and the Timepiece. Adhere to the top of the tag as shown.
- Music Score Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko 8.99
- Cling Clock Collage Rubber Stamp 14.99
- Quest Texture Cube Rubber Stamp 17.99
- Wings Die Set 19.99
Also uses these supplies:
Large Chipboard Tags by Prima Marketing
Black Media® Gesso by DecoArt®
Silver Metallic, Quinacridone Gold, Quinacridone Red, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Cerulean Blue, Translucent White, and Carbon Black Media® Fluid Acrylic Paints by DecoArt®
Jet Black Archival™ by Ranger Industries
Tim Holtz® Timepieces by Idea-ology/Advantus
Vintage Clock Face Mechanicals by Prima
Small Metal Gear
Screw Top Brad
Ribbon Tag Die by Spellbinders®
Classic Crest® Epic Black Thick Cardstock by Neenah Paper®
Black Specialty Paper by FibreMark
Embossing Styluses of different widths
Old dead credit card
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project