Scarecrow Metal Stencil by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 10" piece of Spanish Moss cardstock in half to form side fold, 5" x 6" card (fits in an A7 envelope).
- Cut a 4-3/4" x 5" piece of the Brews and Potions paper (purple side), edge with 100, adhere to the card front near the top.
- Cut a 2-3/4" x 4-3/4" piece of the brown burlap, fray the edges, adhere to the card front under the top paper.
- Cut a 3-3/4" x 4-3/4" piece of the Charmed I'm Sure paper, edge with 100.
- Tape the Scarecrow stencil to a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of November Flourish paper (green side) with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Black Embossing Paste over the design, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning later, let paste dry.
- When the paste is dry, place the clean, dry Scarecrow stencil back over paste and use a finger dabber to apply VersaMark to the parts of the image where the "clothes" are, remove stencil, sprinkle various colors of embossing powder where desired, tap off extra, heat set, edge with the 100 marker.
- Adhere the Scarecrow to the Charmed I'm Sure layer.
- Use foam tape to add the Scarecrow to the card.
- Use the Quick Dry to add some small pasted leaf embellishments (see separate instructions for DWLG616 Leaf Texture) and a small bundle of the burlap tied together to finish the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Spanish Moss)
- November Flourish, Charmed I'm Sure, & Brews and Potions Patterned Papers by Graphic 45
- Brown Burlap
- Copic® Markers (100)
- Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- Scotch® Quick Dry Adhesive by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project