Nautical Anchor Compass by Alison Heikkila
- Cut a piece of Mixed Media Paper to 5 1/4" x 3 3/4."
- Stamp the anchor and rope border with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black along the right side of the paper, near the edge.
- Emboss the image with Detail Black Embossing Powder.
- Color the image with the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.
- Using a fine tipped scissor, trim the excess of the paper as close to the right edge of the image as possible.
- Tape the Compass Stencil at an angle to the paper near the top. You may want to tape off the scroll so that you don't accidentally ink it.
- Using a stencil brush and the Denim Kaleidacolor inks, apply color to the stencil. I started with the brown, then used the gray, then 1 of the blue shades. Do not go too heavy with the colors. Keep them soft.
- Ink up a sentiment from the Anchor set using VersaFine ink, and heat emboss with Detail Black in the lower right corner.
- Spritz the Mixed Media Paper with Gold irRESISTable Spray and let dry.
- Cut the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock to the size of 5 1/2" x 8."
- Glue the stamped and stenciled layer to the card base.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko 8.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- 3/8 inch Brush #9 Natural Handle 2.39
Also uses these supplies:
- DP111 Detail Black Embossing Powder
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Ocean Side)
- Kaleidacolor™ Ink by Tsukineko® (Denim)
- IrRESISTable Spray by Imagine Crafts (Gold)
- Zig™ Clean Color Markers by Kuretake® (063, 066, 090, 091)
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project