Jack O Lanterns by Louise Healy
- Fold a 7" x 10" black card in half to create an A7 card
- Wrap 3 pieces of black jute near the left side of a 5" x 7" piece of Burnt Sugar cardstock, taping on the back side, and tape the cardstock to the front of the A7 card.
- Paste emboss the Jack O Lantern stencil (DWLL531) with Regular Embossing Paste on black cardstock using a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader, remove and clean the stencil, let paste dry.
- Use Chameleon pens to color the Jack O Lantern image, cut the image out, leaving a small black edge all the way around the image, set aside.
- Use a Creative Palette, acrylic paints, and a brayer to create a background "sky" on black cardstock, let dry, then trim out a 4 3/8" x 4 3/4" piece of it.
- Paste emboss the Bats stencil (DWLL525) in the upper right corner of the sky background with Matte Black Embossing Paste using a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader, remove and clean stencil, let the paste dry.
- Mat the Bats on a small black mat and adhere near the right side of the card front.
- Adhere the Jack O Lanterns near the bottom left side of the card front.
- Sprinkle a combination of Aged Copper and Aged Black embossing enamels plus some Bronze glass glitter, and Tea Stained mica flakes, along the bottom of the card by the Jack O Lanterns, heat from below to set, add more if desired.
Also uses these supplies:
Classic® Epic Black Linen Cover Stock by Neenah Paper®
Burnt Sugar Cardstock by Core'dinations®
Black Jute by May Arts
Chameleons™ Markers (Y03, OR4, YL2, BR5, OL3)
Yellow, Orange, Red, & Olive Green Americana Acrylic Paints by DecoArt
Double-Sided Tape by 3M
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project