DECOR Cling Snow and Snowman Trio Wreath by Deb Antonick
Learn more about Deb Antonick at - http://www.paintingwithdeb.com/
- Basecoat the board with Chalky Finish Serene.
- Stamp the background with the Décor Snowflakes stamp as follows:
Load the stamp using the brayer with Wedgewood Blue and quickly stamp a section of the board. Reload and repeat until the surface is covered. Wipe the stamp with a baby wipe to clean.
- Repeat with Blue Chiffon.
- Repeat with Warm White.
- Tape the stencil in place.
- Use the palette knife to apply a thin coat of the Embossing Paste. Carefully remove stencil and wash immediately.
- Let dry.
- Basecoat the berries with Quinacridone Red. Float/shade the berries with Quinacridone Red mixed with a touch of Prussian Blue Hue.
- Carefully line up the stencil over the textured wreath.
- Use a makeup sponge to dab DecoArt Matte Medium over the stenciled design and quickly sprinkle with Glamour Dust. Repeat in small sections until the entire wreath is covered.
- Remove stencil and clean.
- Use a stencil for the "Let It Snow" like DWLG717 Dreamweaver Stencils Let It Snow
- Tape the stencil in place.
- Use a palette knife to apply a thin coat of the Dreamweaver Embossing Paste. Quickly sprinkle with Glamour Dust while still wet.
- Carefully remove stencil and clean.
- Base the round ornaments with 2 coats of Light Buttermilk, drying between coats.
- Sand lightly.
- Base with a thin coat of DecoArt Media Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Stamp 2 each of the ornaments with one of the snowman stamps.
- Float/shade around the each of the snowmen and along the bottom half of each ornament with Wedgewood Blue.
- Float/highlight along the top of the ornaments with Warm White.
- Deepen shading with Media Prussian Blue Hue.
- Emboss the top hangers of each ornament with the Shabby Blue Embossing Powder.
- Brush some of the DecoArt Matte Medium over the snowflakes on the ornaments and sprinkle with Glamour Dust.
- Float/shade the snowmen with Blue Chiffon.
- Float/highlight with Warm White.
- Deepen the shading with a little Media Prussian Blue Hue.
- Brighten the highlights with Media Titanium White.
- Base the nose with Canyon Orange. Float/shade with Media Quinacridone Red.
- Drybrush the cheeks with a brush mux of Media Quinacridone Red and Media Titanium White. Dot the cheeks, eyes and buttons with Titanium White.
- Base the Red dots and stripes with a wash (paint thinned with water) of Quinadridone Red.
- Base the Green dots and stripes with a wash of Green Gold.
- Base the white with Titanium White.
- Shade the Red with Quinacridone Red (full strength)
- Shade the Green with Green Gold (full strength)
- Stipple Dreamweaver Embossing Paste onto the pom pom’s and the hat brims. Sprinkle with Glamour Dust white still wet.
- Adhere the little red bows to the ornaments.
- Adhere the ornaments to the Wreath with the Pop Up Glue Dots.
- Adhere a few paper snowflakes as desired.
- Wrap a coordinating ribbon around the top.
- Spray with DecoArt Matte Sealer/Finisher Spray.
Also uses these supplies:
#90060 Dutch Noodle Board from www.jbwood.com
6 x 3 ¼” round ornaments #2330 from www.bearwithusinc.com
Stencil – Americana Decor Stencils - Winterberry Wreath (18"x18") ADS401-K from www.DecoArt.com
“Let it Snow” Stencil – any
I cut mine on my Silhouette using this file: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/164950
Stamp – Snowman Trio Cling Stamps CLD08
Stamp – Decor Cling Snowflakes DCR102
Ink – Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko STF082
Shabby Blue Embossing Powder FREG029
VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad VM001
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste DWDEP
Brushes: FM Dynasty Brush
¾”, ½” Faux Squirrel Flats 1827F
3/8” Angular Shader 1827A
#4 Round 1827R
6 x Small red bows
Assorted paper snowflakes
Popup Glue Dots
Piece of fine sandpaper
30” of coordinating Christmas Ribbon.
DecoArt Paints and Mediums:
DecoArt Glamour Dust DAS37
DecoArt Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paint – Serene ADC18
DecoArt Media Matte Medium
Wedgewood Blue DA038
Blue Chiffon DA193
Warm White DA239
Light Buttermilk DA164
DecoArt Fluid Media Acrylics:
Quinacridone Red DMFA33
Green Gold DMFA14
Prussian Blue Hue DMFA30
Titanium White DMFA39
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project