Clipper Ship by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut base cardstock 4-1/4 x 11. Score at 5-1/2. Set aside.
- Cut mixed media paper 4x5-1/4 and tape the stencil onto the paper on all four sides to work surface. Scoop embossing paste out of jar with the palette knife and spread along the edge of a paste spreader. Starting at the top of the paper, pull the spreader with even pressure all the way to the bottom. Remove tape from three sides and carefully lift the lower corner of the stencil up and off the paper pulling the tape with it. Discard the tape and immediately drop the pasted stencil and tools into a pan of water. Set the image aside to dry.
- Lay the clean stencil over the dry image and tape down one side to create a hinge. Begin adding color to the ship's sails with the small stencil brush in a light flicking motion just to create shadow and contour. For the masts, use the Picasso tool to block out everything but the tiny mast area.
- Proceed to the ship's hull and create just shadow by making light flicking strokes.
- Move on to the waves and add a couple of different colors with the stencil brush. Make sure the ink is totally dry before adding glue with a Quickie Glue Pen to various areas of the waves and sprinkle Crystal Glitter.
- To create the background sky, scribble a Tombow marker onto an acryllic block. With a water brush, pick up the marker color and lightly wash the color over the background being careful not to touch any areas of the stencil. TIP: Crumple a tissue and blot into the wet sky to create clouds. For a horizon, use a little less water and make small jiggly strokes on either side of the ship.
- With a scrap of kraft cardstock, stamp sentiment. Lay the cross stitch screen over the sentiment and tamp a stencil brush over the screen. The result is a light checked pattern. Edge the scrap with distress ink to create depth. Curl the edges and bend the scrap piece to create a ripple effect.
- Lay several strands of jute over the upper left corner and tape securely from behind. Affix the clipper ship panel to the card front. Add the sentiment with foam mounting tape.
- Micro Glitter Multiple Styles & Colors
- Life Words Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps Set 14.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Clipper Ship Stencil 9.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- 1/8 inch Brush #3 Blue Handle 2.79
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Hemp / Natural Jute by May Arts
Removable Tape 1/2" by 3M®
Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
Archival Coffee Ink by Ranger®
Tim Holtz® Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger®
Splendor™ Ink Pad Magic by Tsukineko®
Quickie Glue Pen by Sakura®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project