Butterfly Duo by Pam Hornschu
- Create six-inch square, top-fold card from charcoal cardstock.
- Using the Quatrefoil stencil and the large stencil brush, rouge black ink over the front of the card through the stencil.
- Tape pattern stencil from Duos set over four inch square panel of Rose Chintz cardstock on all four sides with removable tape.
- Apply large dab of embossing paste to edge of paste spreader with palette knife. Place spreader at edge of stencil, and pull paste across at 45˚ angle. Make a second pass to remove excess. Use palette knife to place excess back into jar. Clean edge of jar, and reseal.
- Carefully remove tape from three sides, leaving the fourth in place as the hinge to protect the pasting while lifting away the stencil. Place stencil in water to be cleaned immediately. Set pasted panel aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, use cleaned pattern stencil to ink stencil pattern over second panel of rose cardstock using the three colors of the Memento inks. Stamp sentiment as shown in picture with black ink.
- Place pattern stencil back over the now dry pasted square. Apply VersaMark with dauber over paste. Remove stencil. Sprinkle with Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder over surface, tapping off excess, and heating to melt.
- Place butterfly stencil over panel, and trace the inside with black marker. Cut out wings, and adhere to panel on either side of the sentiment, using foam tape to pop up wings.
- Adhere panel to card front. Use Zip Dry to adhere strips of ric rac.
- Thoughtful Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamps Set 14.99
- Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko 8.99
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Matte Black Embossing Paste 10.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- 3/4 inch Brush #18 Natural Handle 3.59
- Quatrefoil Metal Stencil 11.99
- Butterfly Duo Stencil Set 16.99
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
Memento™ Lady Bug, Rose Red, & Tangelo Inks by Tsukineko®
Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project