Bird Blossom Scrapbook Page by Alison Heikkila
- Stamp Peonies and Leaves on to vellum using Versamark. Heat emboss with white embossing powder. Color the back side of the stamped images using the colors, or similar colors as listed in the supplies. Use the coordinating dies to cut out the images.
On a 12x12 piece of blue cardstock, lightly spritz with Blue Lagoon and Irridescent Memories Mist. Establish where your photo will go. Then, randomly place the Cathedral Windows stencil and emboss using the white embossing paste and palette knife. You do not need to emboss the entire stencil. It actually looks better if you don't. I placed my stencil on my cardstock in 2 places, and then I let it dry.
Meanwhile, I stamped out a sentiment from the Forest Sayings set on to pink cardstock, and I used one of the oval frames in the Pop Up Die set to cut it out. Then, using the Versamark ink, I inked the edges of the oval and heat embossed the Sparkle Blue powder from the Spring Sparkle Embossing Kit.
Using the Vintage Lowercase set, create your title on the block, and stamp on to the layout. Also using the block, you can randomly stamp some of the images from the Fronds set all over your page. I used Vintage Sepia and Imperial Purple inks.
I dropped some Capri Embossing powder from the Teal Encrusted Jewels Kit on to various places of my page. As I worked, I kept placing the peonies, leaves, and my photo to see where I wanted all of my elements to be. I then heated the areas from underneath, so that the powder wouldn't blow away, as I didn't use any embossing ink for this step.
I attached my photo using foam dots for added dimension, and then I started to attach my peonies and leaves using my Scotch ATG gun. This glue doesn't show under vellum. Then, I glues down my oval in the corner, and added my ribbon. Last, I glued the buttons down using the Mini Glue Dots.
- Frantage Encrusted Jewel Technique 5-Jar Kits Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Pop-Up Die Set 19.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Cling Bird Blossom Rubber Stamp Set 11.99
- Bird Blossom Die Cut Set 19.99
- Fronds Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps Set 14.99
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
- Cathedral Windows Small Metal Stencil 10.99
Also uses these supplies:
Stampendous: SSC1169 Vintage Lowercase Perfectly Clear Stamps™ (retired)
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
VersaColor® Ink by Tsukineko
Copic® Markers (YG45)
Prismacolor® Markers (Magenta)
Blue Lagoon & Iridescent Memories™ Mists by Stewart Superior
Ribbon by May Arts
Buttons by Buttons Galore
Glue Dots Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project