Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint
2086 Toffee Brown
2089 Navy Blue
2098 Tomato Spice
2459 Crocus Yellow
2523 Butter Cream
All Purpose Sealer
Matte interior Varnish
Royal Langnickel Brushes
R950-1 1" Mop/Oval Brush
R2250-2 #2 Aqualon Round
R2595-1 #1 Aqualon Liner
Sand paper- fine grit
Ruler and pencil
Bowl of soapy water
Instructions- Please take a moment to review the instructions on all product packaging before beginning this or any project.
1. Disassemble box if needed. Sand box to smooth any rough edges or areas. Dust with a paper towel.
2. Using the 1" brush, apply wood sealer according to package instructions.
3. Using the 1" brush, apply two smooth even coats of Butter Cream to the entire box, inside and out. Let dry.
4. Using the 1" brush apply one smooth even coat of varnish to the lid and sides of the box. Let dry.
5. Using the ruler and pencil mark the center of the lid. Using the compass mark a 3" and 3.5" circle.
6. Apply the "From the Kitchen" element from the set, to the medium handle. Pour a puddle of Black paint onto the palette.
7. Tap into the paint using the make-up sponge, pounce the sponge on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered with paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. If you cannot move to a clean area and pounce the sponge on the palette again. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp image onto surface, centered in the inner circle. If you do not like the image that you have stamped, simply clean it off using a wet wipe. Since there is a coat of varnish on the surface it will cleanup easily!
8. Using the small handle and elements from both stamp sets randomly stamp all over the top and sides of the box. Stamp the same image on the lid and sides of the box before moving onto the next, this makes things a little easier.
9. Once you are done with each element put it in the bowl of soapy water, this will make clean-up much easier.
10. Once all elements have been stamped use the #2 round brush and thin washes of paint from the palette to color everything in as desired, refer to photo.
11. Using the low-tack tape mask off, as appropriate for your surface, and paint edges in Tomato Spice, trim with Black.
12. Using the liner brush and thinned Black outline the circles on the lid and edges as desired. Let dry.
13. Finish with 2 smooth even coats of varnish. Let dry and enjoy!