Instructions- Please take a moment to review the instructions on all product packaging before beginning your project.
1. Sand the entire box to smooth any rough areas or patches.
2. Mix Buttermilk + All-Purpose Sealer (1:1) and basecoat the entire box, inside and out using the 1" brush. Let dry.
3. Pour out a small puddle of each of the following colors: Crimson Tide, Tangelo Orange, Golden Straw, Hauser Light Green and Sea Breeze. Working one side of the box at a time, loosely brush on Brush N Blend and cover the entire area. Working quickly and starting in one corner of the box brush on Crimson Tide, pick up Tangelo and place next to first color, blending colors slightly. Continue working across the box until all colors have been applied and blended. Refer to photo. Continue working around the box until it is completely covered. Let dry.
4. Apply one coat of Matte Varnish to the entire outside of the box, let dry. If you make a mistake when stamping this will make it easier to remove the image.
5. Place the peony stamp on the handle and firmly press into place.
6. Using the make-up sponge, dip into the paint and tap off excess on the palette. Gently tap on the raised portion of the stamp image until the entire design is covered and stamp image on cardstock. Cut out image. You will use this as mask when you want to overlap the image on your box.
7. Working quickly, and using a double-load of Crimson Tide and Tangelo Orange apply paint to the stamp image using the make-up sponge and stamp the box. Start in the corner on the top and work outward and then down the front and side. Let dry. For easier clean-up wash the stamp with stamp cleaner or dish soap and an old toothbrush. Set aside to dry.
8. Using the ½ angle brush shade the bottom petals with Crimson Tide and the upper with Tangelo Orange. Reinforce shading on the center petals, no matter which color with Burgundy Wine. Let dry.
9. Apply Scroll from stamp set onto handle and firmly press into place. Using a double-load of Crimson Tide and Tangelo Orange randomly stamp image on box to fill in negative areas and to embellish. Let dry.
10. Using the round brush and watery Golden Straw color in the stamen on each flower. Let dry.
Finish with 2 coats of Matte Varnish.