FLOWERS Cling Jumbo Dogwood by Geny Cassady
Cling Jumbo Dogwood Set
Jumbo Perfectly Clear Handle
Happy Messages Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
VersaFine™ Onyx Black Ink Pad
White, Kraft, and Pink Cardstock
White and Green Baker's Twine
Scalloped paper edging punch
Colored Pencils by Prismacolor
Adhesive foam dots or squares
Old Paper and Spun Sugar Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
I used colored pencils and some gamsol to color my dogwood, it is stamped on kraft cardstock first. I really like how colored pencils look on kraft cardstock, gives the color a bit more depth I think. After coloring my image, I carefully trimmed it out, this is kind of a chore but so worth the extra effort for a special card. Or if you didn't want to trim the whole thing, consider just trimming out the main flower and popping it up to give your card some dimension.
Before adhering the trimmed out flower, I stamped the Dream Text Background on a white cardbase using Frayed Burlap Distress ink, I added some Spun Sugar and Old Paper Distress inks around the edges too. I also trimmed a strip of pink cardstock and punched a scalloped edge along the top before adding a sentiment (from Happy Messages Perfectly Clear Set) , button and some coordinating twine. I love how all these simple embellishments allow the flower to stand out and be the star of the card.
Now just a few of my thoughts about the Jumbo Cling stamps from Stampendous:
- They are large enough to fill an entire cardfront and stand alone.
- They can also be stamped off the edge of a card and/or not used in their entirety to create a different look.
- They make great background paper, simple and quick to cover a whole sheet.
- They are so detailed that you do not have to color them in (great for people like me who are coloring challenged).
- They work fabulously with acrylic paints also, I have used them for picture frames and I love the way they turned out.
- Each large image also comes with a smaller coordinating image, I love to use these images as accents on all different projects (like the flourish I use ALL the time).
- The Jumbo Perfectly Clear Handle that Stampendous sells to use with the Jumbo Clings works perfectly everytime, I always get a great impression.
- Did I mention they are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L???